interior lights not coming on...sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my beautiful baby is turning 6 next month. I haven't used the extended warranty one single time, amazingly. So my interior lights come on most of the time when I open the door but occasionally don't. I haven't figured out exactly what the scenario is but for sure they never come on when I go to the grocery store. Don't know if it has something to do with the time frame? They won't even come on if I press the interior button. Start the car, back to normal. I've reset everything with the GAP, no errors showed though. It isn't a big deal at all but it would just be nice to use that warranty one time, but not sure it's worth the effort - or if they could fix it anyway.
So, anyone else experienced this?
Only other problem I have is a clunk over bumps from the rear end right side, only when it's below freezing. I KNOW they'd never be able to replicate that, or cover it for that matter.

SoCal_Rob

Reaction score
Interior lights are on the battery saver circuit. When the supplied voltage drops too low, the battery saver prevents the battery from draining any further. I noticed after replacing my battery recently that it takes a lot longer before the battery saver kicks in.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Rob. I suppose that could be the case, my battery is getting a little bit old but this 'problem' has persisted for a long time. Come to think of it, something else has persisted a long time: Not every time but often (for years) I will get a quick, 1/2 second "turn on car, battery low" notice on the nav when starting. That's been happening as long as I owned the truck so maybe even my new battery never quite had ample juice.

SoCal_Rob

Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right. Have your alternator checked when you replace your battery. My original alternator would charge at idle, but not under load. Had battery trouble on long trips. After replacing alternator and battery, no more troubles.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut