iPhone 7 and 2011 Range Rover

Discussion in 'Range Rover' started by Paladin, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Paladin

Paladin Member

I just purchased a pre-owned 2011 Range Rover from Land Rover of Amherst, NY. It is in superb condition and was well-maintained. I have one problem: I cannot get my iPhone 7 to sync so that I can play podcasts or Pandora without using the AUX input in the rear of the console connected to a lightning cable adapter. This is unacceptable as the phone battery runs down on a long trip. I've tried the USB port and a kluge set of adapters for the iPod port. The phone will charge, but not sync so I can play Pandora or podcasts. Thanks.

IMG_3631.JPG

2. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Sadly your Range Rover and your iPhone are made at different technology levels. I don't think you can do this without a bluetooth adapter attached to your Rover. I have read several places with this same issue even with the iPhone 6.

3. Paladin

Paladin Member

4. LeeLee

LeeLee New Member

5. Jpeetje

Jpeetje New Member

You

6. Jpeetje

Jpeetje New Member

Suggestion to reinstall I-tunes and download in minimum one song. Your car Will recognise your iPhone. After one year of troubleshooting This solution worked for me.

7. brianharg

brianharg New Member

I know this is late to the party - but I have a 2010 RR SC and bought the CarPro - works well for me. I do not use Bluetooth calling much so don't know if there are any issues there. But to be able to just stream music from my phone (iTunes and/or Spotify) works great and allows me to charge my phone. I recently upgraded the phone to an X - and no issues.