iPhone Cradle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skarfy

Reaction score
Hey folks - got a a project I thought I might try...

BMW makes a cradle for the iPhone for the 5 series. The plug for the cradle that attaches to the car looks very similar to the plug on the LR3 Nokia 6100 cradle. Assuming I can shave the plastic around the BMW cradle so that I can plug it into my LR3, I wonder if the LR3 will recognize that phone, so that I can use the PTI. Bluetooth is great, but looks like there are more features with the cradle set up.

I presume the LR car radio (and bluetooth ecu) is Harmon Kardon...but not certain. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks all for help.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the bluetooth feature installed, you can use your phone via bluetooth. If you're talking in reference to any sort of wired phone... you're probably SOL.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I don't think the iPhone supports ant external antenna. Blue tooth gets all the functionality except charging. And charging can be done easier. I'm thinking of putting an apple dock in the car. I buught a chinese knockoff that is very tight, I just need to find a spot. Maybe left of the nav (in front of the air vent)

Varoverman

Reaction score
How to remove the radio on L322 (2003 -2006)

This may Help

How to remove the dash end panel on a Range Rover

YouTube
-

How to remove the radio / screen on a Range Rover L322 MkIII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSYo175Q6mk

FYI
Range Rover Sirius Satellite Radio

YouTube - Range Rover Sirius Satellite Radio

Range Rover with BMW MKIV Navigation upgrade
YouTube - Range Rover with BMW MKIV Navigation

Range Rover with MKIV Navigation replacement

YouTube - Range Rover with MKIV Navigation replacement

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dock with aux

Agreed. I don't think the iPhone supports ant external antenna. Blue tooth gets all the functionality except charging. And charging can be done easier. I'm thinking of putting an apple dock in the car. I buught a chinese knockoff that is very tight, I just need to find a spot. Maybe left of the nav (in front of the air vent)

Ive been thinking about making a dock just left of the volume knob, out of the plastic/wood panel. Also throw a relocated aux input somewhere in there. I think that would be the most future proof convenient option. anyone done anything along these lines?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72