Junkyard tomorrow. Need tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t need any part atm. Fortunately, my lr4 is healthy, but i know that sort of things only lasts so long.

That beibg said, Apparently the local junkyard got just a couple of discos in and they’ll be ripe for the picking tomorrow. Since you guys know more about these wonderful vehicles, and have beaucoup experience with repairs and such, what parts should i definitely try to get my hands on for “down-the-road” that could save me a bunch of money?

also, i understand that my vehicle uses a Jaguar engine (or so i was told), so are there any jaguar parts i should be looking out for while i’m there?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the stuff I can think off are potentially wear items, so I don't think a used one will be much help, but perhaps others can chime in.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check if either has a locking diff in the rear. That and the control module and axles would be a useful upgrade for you, even if it needed some refurb.

If it is in Houston, let me know where after you get what you want. I would love to replace a couple broken interior bits if either has an almond interior.

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on items I would personally wish I had, might give you some ideas:

Side mirror glass
Look for hitch receiver, wiring
MAF sensor
EAS height sensors
Compressor
Nondeformed lug nuts
Full size spare
Driver master window switch panel
Light guards
A pillar trims
Rear cargo cover
Rubber mats
Parking sensors
iPod interface
various trim clips, rubber bump stops, missing skid plate bolts, engine trim screws, etc

I could probably keep going if I gave more time HA

Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have regular halogen lights and the salvage LR4 has xenons, those are an easy swap.

John Harris

Reaction score
Please let me k ow if the interior is ivory. I would love to replace my passenger middle row seat....terrible rattle in it. Not under it, but inside it...drives me crazy.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to ask as well since this is in Houston. Can you know what you find there? I just need a new DS window switch plastic in black. Mine is scratched and is driving me crazy.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick