Keyless entry upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

equilibrium

Reaction score
I have 2013 SE without the passive keyless entry. Can I upgrade the door handles or whatever needed to get the passive keyless entry option?..

Last edited:

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think not considering the vehicle has 13 "antennas" for picking up the key fob from various locations on the vehicle. The cost of the equipment, and programming alone would seem to be very cost prohibitive. That is even IF the vehicle can be retrofitted.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked a LR service tech the same question when I purchased my '11 LR4 HSE. I got pretty much the exact same response that @jaguardoc504 just shared.

Somewhat surprisingly, adjusting to the lack of passive entry/start was probably the biggest part of settling into the LR4 vs my previous vehicle (a '11 American sedan). That and lack of BT audio streaming. And adaptive cruise control. And blind spot monitoring. And auto-dimming high beams. And ventilated seats. But I'm not judging! I love my LR4 for different reasons!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72