L322 Tire Chains with 20" wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Schwarcz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a set of tire chains. The issue is that Land Rover officially says that I should not use chains on my 20" wheels. They say I should buy some 19" wheels just for this purpose.

Sorry, I'm not going to buy and haul around with me a second pair of wheels/tires to swap out if I hit a area that requires chains even with 4WD.

On another forum (Land Rover Forums) one member suggested I could install some chains and keep the car in off road mode (under 30 MPH).

I did some poking around for some low profile chains and one set that looks like it may work for me is the Security Chain Company Super Z6 chains.

Has anyone tried to use chains on an L322 with 20" wheels? Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks again!
Larry.

John H

Reaction score
i bought that set of chains and test fitted them on the front the clearance between the tire/chain at the uppermost point of the spindle is tight however these chains have rubber bands to keep them tightened. however i dint get a chance to use them this past winter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV