L4 HSE Lux Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panchoandlefty

Reaction score
I may be able to buy a l4 demo w/ 1700 miles in Ipanema Sand. The dealership gave it to us for the weekend to drive.

I'm slightly confused about pricing, since there are not a lot of low-miles L4s out there for sale.

Anyone have a clue of how much I should negociate off the MSRP?

It doesn't have a sticker in the window, but the dealer said the cost was "around 57K" he thought the demo status would "knock off a couple thoudand." MSRP should be 57.6K, according to Land Rover USA

Seems like I should be able to get something off without the miles, so I am not sure what would be a reasonable.

stephanie

Amyhailjer

Reaction score
I may be able to buy a l4 demo w/ 1700 miles in Ipanema Sand. The dealership gave it to us for the weekend to drive.

I'm slightly confused about pricing, since there are not a lot of low-miles L4s out there for sale.

Anyone have a clue of how much I should negociate off the MSRP?

It doesn't have a sticker in the window, but the dealer said the cost was "around 57K" he thought the demo status would "knock off a couple thoudand." MSRP should be 57.6K, according to Land Rover USA

Seems like I should be able to get something off without the miles, so I am not sure what would be a reasonable.

stephanie

Stephanie, I have info. from a friend that the invoice price for the LR4 is $42,998. $850.00 Destination, Lux Pack. $8,704.00, Don't know if this helps. My wife and I are still debating to buy LR4 or not. Never owned one but loved the test drive. Just worried about the LR reliability reviews. Any suggestions?

panchoandlefty

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat... My last 2 cars were a Subaru Outback (can't **** it!) and a Toyota Sequoia... I've put over 150K miles on both.

I have a huge crush on the L4, but can't shake the feeling that once the glow wears off, I may have regrets. But, what a glow!!!

My husband has always leaned more to the high-performance cars (he drives a Porche) and wants me to jump the fence.

The L4 is one nice car, no doubt about it, but the reliability issues concern me as well. I would like something with real off-road capabilities. Our family ranches, skis, and tends to vaccation places with great off-road trails... That said, I could always just buy something less precious and rent a Wrangler for trails...

I have 3 little kids (5,5,8yrs) none of whom can ride in the front seat. I have to have a 3rd row, if they have a friend/carpool... that limits my choices in a not-enormous SUV with real off-road chops.

I'm also a little self-conscious about the "trophy car" thing.,,, probably silly.

I was considering a Land Cruiser, but our local dealerships don't even stock them, plus the new ones are gigantic and 70K. Most used Toyotas (being Toyotas) have a zillion miles... low-mile ones are few and far between.

The 2010 4runners are nice, but, well, they are 4runners... The nicer ones w/ a 3rd row are getting up around 50K anyway.

I'm also looking at a loaded-up V8 Volvo for the same price as the L4... it is really nice, but more of a car. Good for snow, but not trails. Volvo relaibility isn't much better than LR...

I have to return the demo I've had all weekend in a few minutess... I'll let you know how it goes at the dealership. I have been impressed with the dealer-- can't believe they let me take a 60K car for the weekend on a handshake.

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stephanie,
We just went through an almost identical process. Nothing but Toyotas for us for the last 15 years. Were ready for the new 4-Runner but it was just a little - meh. Besides, once you add in LTD, Nav, 3rd row seats, it was about $47k, and our dealer, despite years of loyalty and many vehicles was not dealing at all "The 4Runner is popular, so we won't discount it. At all". We shopped the Volvo (car like), the BMW (***?), and the Sequoia (Tundra with more doors) and felt the LR4 topped them all. The Landcruiser felt like the real comparison but is impossible to find and crazy expensive. So we sat down with the Land Rover salesman, at the end of the month (always a good time to deal) and were a bit flexible in what we would want, and got a great deal, a little under a k over invoice, and several k under MSRP. We have had the LR4 for a few weeks now, and the more I drive it, the better the choice looks. Go for it!

panchoandlefty

Reaction score
I bought it.. I didn't get as god of a deal as I hoped, but I'm psyched... Our dealership is small and only stocks 1-2 L4s at a time. This was the only one right now. Manager says he hasn't discounted MSRP much and I believe him.

For the 1700 miles, he took off $2200... I like the overall package and haven't found anything comparable...

It is a Lux Plus w/ the Heavy Duty package. I have not seen many of those. Doesn't have the full surround cameras, just rear. Does have locking diff. and full sized spare... MSRP was a little over $58K

While waiting on the LR sales manager, I went next door to drive the V8 Volvo XC90-- it was fully loaded and a really, really nice extremely practical crossover.... I just didn't feel the love. On the other hand, the L4 seems like great fun, just not as practical...

I went with the love....

Stephanie

nolift911

Reaction score
Stephanie - sounds like you did good. We got the same deal pretty much at a larger dealership, but all in all there are not alot of LR4's out there to be had right now - ours had one on the showroom floor (Lugano Teal) which when I went looking for another there was one other in the US in California so - we wanted this one and we got it. We got the heavy duty package also and I can tell you with the locking rear diff and 30+ inches of snow this past two weeks - it is pretty sweet. Sounds like our vehicles are equipped the same. We have everything but the surround cameras.

We did recently take an unexpected trip for a funeral at about 1000 miles round trip - the car performed perfectly and was beyond comfortable with kids etc (2 boys) with another due here in about 2 weeks ;-)

Anyway - I am sure you will enjoy!!

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a Lux Plus w/ the Heavy Duty package. I have not seen many of those. Doesn't have the full surround cameras, just rear. Does have locking diff. and full sized spare... MSRP was a little over $58K

I believe you have the HSE Lux not Lux plus. The full surround camera system and heavy duty package are standard on Lux Plus with MSRP little over $59K.

HSE Lux with $750 HD package will have MSRP of little over $58K.
but good deal, although mine had no miles fresh off the truck but I didn't get any off MSRP

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV