Lagging accel pedal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groucho123

Reaction score
I've read about this common problem (I have it too) and I have seen people take theirs in for some sort of software update. To be clear, my issue is when I slow down and then accelerate (before coming to a complete stop), my accelerator is very slow to respond. Did this fix completely resolve the issue or only make it slightly better?

Groucho123

Reaction score
FYI to those who have the issue, I learned from another forum...There IS a service bulletin on this, and there is a software fix due early next year. They are testing to comply with emisions reg's in the US

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ZF transmissions have had this issue for years. If you do a rolling stop you catch the transmission doing a second to first gear downshift. Then you suddenly ask it to go and there is that delay.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 does that same lag thing and I was just about to replace the accelerator position sensor to see if it improves throttle response. I had no idea it was the transmission. Thanks!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read about this common problem (I have it too) and I have seen people take theirs in for some sort of software update. To be clear, my issue is when I slow down and then accelerate (before coming to a complete stop), my accelerator is very slow to respond.
This is hysterical! My LR3 did this, my LR4 does this (but not as bad)... it's very annoying. I have found if I put either of those in Sport mode, it goes away for the most part. There is much less of a throttle lag. Actually, I'm not sure if my LR4 does this or not... I always drive in Sport mode because I like the throttle response much better.

I'm not sure if you are talking about the same thing, but it sounds exactly like it. Vehicle slows down, but doesn't stop... you hit the gas, there's a second or two delay and then BAM, it catches the downshift with a thud.

Try Sport mode and let us know if it goes away.

Groucho123

Reaction score
ZF transmissions have had this issue for years. If you do a rolling stop you catch the transmission doing a second to first gear downshift. Then you suddenly ask it to go and there is that delay.

I don't think it is a shift issue, It would def be 1st. gear...going from a rolling 1 or 2 mph to normal drive it is an engine lag....However someone else on another forum wrote this....
Reference
SSM73409
Discovery / L462
LR3 / L319
Range Rover / L322 Range Rover / L405 Range Rover Sport / L494
Land Rover 8 Speed Automatic Transmission
Driveline
21-Mar-2018 00:00:00
503000 Automatic Transmission Engagement Concerns
Issue:
Powertrain Transmission Module Learn Adaption routine has been instated on SDD/Pathfinder.
Cause:
The routines have been installed after enhancements were made to each, following feedback from the market, as of Version 152 Patch 2
Action:
Should a customer contact a retailer regarding Automatic Transmission shift quality on 8 Speed variants, please follow the routine below in the first instance after fully understanding and confirming the customer concern.
1.Ensure Transmission and other relevant Powertrain control modules are at the latest software level available.
2.If there are any DTC’s read by the diagnostic tool, resolve them, before proceeding.
3.Using the routine, “Powertrain – Transmission control module adaptions”, ensure that all the clutches have at least 3
adaption counts.
4.If any of the clutches have less than 3 adaption counts, carry out an adaption drive cycle using, “Powertrain Transmission Module Learn Adaption” to achieve a minimum of 3 counts on each clutch.
5. If the shift quality concern is still present carry out an adaption drive cycle using, “Powertrain Transmission Module Pulse Adaption” routine to achieve a minimum count of 3 on each.
5.If all the clutches have at least 3 adaption counts and all Powertrain modules have the latest software, should there still be a shift quality concern, raise a TA, with a screen shot of your adaption status. The TA will advise further help in order to resolve the issue
You may also be asked to provide the session file detailing
“Powertrain – Transmission control module adaption” routine.
Models

GM99

Reaction score
I am interested in knowing as well. It is a little unsettling when you go to change lanes and don't have any power when pressing the gas until a few seconds later. It would be nice to know if there is a fix before taking it in to the dealer.

rdrakea

Reaction score
The update has been out a couple of months. Your dealer can perform the service bulletin #LTB01298NAS1.

FYI - there is a lot more activity on another site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV