Lagging accel pedal?

Discussion in 'Discovery 5' started by Groucho123, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Groucho123

Groucho123 New Member

I've read about this common problem (I have it too) and I have seen people take theirs in for some sort of software update. To be clear, my issue is when I slow down and then accelerate (before coming to a complete stop), my accelerator is very slow to respond. Did this fix completely resolve the issue or only make it slightly better?

2. Groucho123

Groucho123 New Member

FYI to those who have the issue, I learned from another forum...There IS a service bulletin on this, and there is a software fix due early next year. They are testing to comply with emisions reg's in the US

3. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

ZF transmissions have had this issue for years. If you do a rolling stop you catch the transmission doing a second to first gear downshift. Then you suddenly ask it to go and there is that delay.

4. remember5

remember5 Full Access Member

My LR3 does that same lag thing and I was just about to replace the accelerator position sensor to see if it improves throttle response. I had no idea it was the transmission. Thanks!

5. toddjb122

toddjb122 Full Access Member

This is hysterical! My LR3 did this, my LR4 does this (but not as bad)... it's very annoying. I have found if I put either of those in Sport mode, it goes away for the most part. There is much less of a throttle lag. Actually, I'm not sure if my LR4 does this or not... I always drive in Sport mode because I like the throttle response much better.

I'm not sure if you are talking about the same thing, but it sounds exactly like it. Vehicle slows down, but doesn't stop... you hit the gas, there's a second or two delay and then BAM, it catches the downshift with a thud.

Try Sport mode and let us know if it goes away.