Land Rover 4.4L swap options and compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi to all and thanks for allowing my participation on the forum .
As it turns out my first post is the result of buying my first Land Rover (07 RR HSE 4.4.) I love it but turns out it was overheated somewhere along the the line and I'm not going to take chances with the current block . Especially since the head bolts came out with aluminum threads which shoulda stayed in the block. So one more first ...An Engine swap.
I'd love to know what 4.4L engines will work . Or an I better served just buying one from my exact year make model. .. I'm leaving towards that because this has been a nightmare and I'd just like to be finished .
Hours of googling has not provided me with the the kind of answers I could feel confident in .
Thank you in advance
I have the 2007 Range Rover 4.4L HSE

Mason Courtney

Reaction score
I work at an Indy, and just did an engine swap for a lady with 60K on a 14 RR Sport.. The best route we could find was to do a new engine swap. It was the fastest, safest, but most expensive way. Fastest because we ordered it direct from the dealer. Safest in we know it's a new engine with a warranty. It was about a $30K job. If you can find a donor vehicle or donor engine - make sure you know the history of what you are buying. I'd suggest staying 4.4, or you will need to change over way more stuff.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut