Land Rover Evoque to Cost $44,000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Range-Rover-Evoque.jpg

Well, take a look at the new Range Rover Evoque. It's a dazzlingly designed Trojan horse, aimed squarely at owners of the X3, RX and Audi Q5, an anti-box that looks like a crossover, while retaining a dash of Land Rover's legendary off- road capability. Old-school Land Rover drivers who actually do drive in the bush will hate it.

There's a long-held perception that a Land Rover is an impractical purchase. That's why the brand so desperately needs a car like the Evoque, which seats five and gets 28 miles per gallon highway, 18 city. Those aren't hybrid-worthy numbers by any means, but they're easily more sensical than that $95,000 Range Rover Supercharged with 510 horsepower.

The Evoque's starting price of $44,000 is also more accessible for urbanites aspiring to get back to nature, or, at least, reaching suburbia's big-box stores. Loaded models will be priced around $60,000 with all the bells and whistles.

The Evoque comes as either a five-door or three-door model, which the company calls a coupe. The latter is $1,000 pricier and way cooler. The five-door is more practical. Even so, they're roughly the same size, 14.3 feet long and 5.3 feet high.

Last edited:

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drove the Evoque last week with the wifey. It exceeded expectations. This is primarily an on-road vehicle, even though it does have some level of off-road capability. Driving dynamics were very good - responsive steering, decent acceleration from the Ford 2.0 ecoboost motor, and confident brakes.

Transverse mounted i4 engine layout ensures good cabin space for front passengers. Range Rover features and amenities throughout the interior make it a serene place for driver to operate. Rear seat space is tight, probably not great for adults on long trips. And just to state the obvious, the Evoque has presence. Absolutely stunning in person.

We were cross-shopping the Q5 3.2 and X3 35i. After test driving the Evoque, the choice has become much more clear. We expect to order next Spring.

Last edited:

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the chance to test drive one?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the chance to test drive one?
The initial customer demo vehicles have arrived at dealerships here on the East Coast. I visited two of the dealerships in the Philadelphia suburbs last Friday, Oct 21, and drove the 5-door. Coupes were also available.

Last edited:

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cherry hill had one of each last week. Today only the 3 door was on the lot. Sharp looking in person for sure. I hope to drive one this week.

55k on my LR4(although my miles have significantly decreased over the past 6 months) with no issues.

j

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the evoque for a test drive today. Very sharp looking vehicle with plenty of room in front and back seats. Cargo area is small.

Handles very nicely, and engine had enough power, but could always use a bit more.
Overall I thought it was very nice ride.

2 negatives i had were the mirrors are HUGE, almost distracting until i became used to them. The other one would be the small rear window view, it felt like looking through a tunnel.

Dealer offered me 34k for my LR4 with 55k on it. i think thats right in the blue book range and its in great shape. Not sure if i want to "downsize" but it sure is enticing enough to do so.

j

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut