LE3 compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pancake

Reaction score
Hi this has probably been discussed before however I can’t find an answer. My conpressor is showing suspension fault and has dropped. Compressor is not running. Fuses and relay replaced. No power showing at plugs at compressor when engine running . Any suggestions?

Stevorino33

Reaction score
I haven’t had this exact issue and I’m no expert but that sounds like maybe the connectors not working or the control module potentially.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of articles about this on different forums and those of us who have owned our trucks for any amount of time have dealt with them multiple times. There is a potential for broken and/or corroded wires all over the truck, corroded connectors, etc. Google the fault code you're getting and see what comes up. What you're giving us is vague information and you have to understand this is a complex system that when working is unstoppable but does need attention occasionally. I have attached the basic overview so you can see what you're dealing with. And also remember all the systems on the truck communicate together and take signals from each other for operation so a steering sensor error can affect the transmission and a transmission error can affect the suspension. Let us know what you find.

Attachments

• description & operation.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 56

Pancake

Reaction score
Thanks, yes probably a bit vague but I am getting exasperated by it. I had a tyre changed and came back with a fault and the car on its ass. It’s a yellow light not red and compressor is not engaging at all. I replaced battery checked fuse f35 and the one p26 in. Engine compartment as well as the relay. Compressor works when plugs disconnected and attached directly onto a spare battery. No power going to the connectors when I put a multimeter onto the connector. I am beginning to think that the wire may be corroded or broken but I can’t see anything obvious. Think it’s a trip to an auto electrician needed .

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a connector that you have to remove the spare tire to get to if I remember over the back axle sort of on the passenger side that is a common failure point. That was one compressor fix I did but don't remember which color light caused that one. Seems there was also a wire on the right footwell under the plastic scuff plate that had a break in it as well.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA