Leak in right timing cover.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed a little leak coming from my right timing cover about 3 weeks ago. My oil level didn’t drop at all so I kinda forgot about it. I must have caught it pretty early on because the shop obviously noticed it and told me about it. Because of that I decided to check on it and it’s gotten progressively worse. Oil level still hasn’t dropped but I’m curious, any of you guys ever had an issue like this. I’m guessing because of the hot climate in California all the rubbers and seals will run out on my car.;) Let me know if you’ve had a similar issue. Pics are below

28E87CB2-A9EB-4588-B740-32CEAB00983F.jpeg

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-tighten those valve cover bolts all of them all round and clean that area with brake cleaner. Those bolts are aluminum and cylinder head are aluminum so dont tighten to hard. Just have them turn a little bit.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently don’t have the car, it’s having its transmission investigated and fixed, more on that later when I get the car back, but I will make sure to try that when I get the car back

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA