Leaky driver side LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shmoo235

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a problem with water getting into the driver side floor area when there is a heavy rain. I've removed the wipers and taken apart the entire front trim area also the rail trim heading up the sides of the windshield. Replaced what looked like suspect grommet rubber feeling this may be the culprit. All else looked fine. Still leaking....Any ideas much appreciated.

Ethan M

Reaction score
Have you checked the sunroof drain hose grommet? Mine had broken off on my LR3 and if it were to rain for a few days the entire floorboard of the car would be flooded. It got bad enough at one point where I was stopping at a stop sign and all the water moved up and soaked my shoes.

mflecklr3

Reaction score
Is your driver's side on the left or right? :) These are the water ingress issues that I know of:
- holes on the exterior of the a-pillar beneath the molding. There was a TSB on this and LR sells a kit that includes new clips and stickers to cover the holes.
- windshield cowling separates from windshield. i think this is more of an issue on the LH side (cabin air intake?). New cowl is about $150 on ebay.
- clogged sunroof drain. LH side is accessible by removing the grill on the fender. I don't remember where the RH side is but i think it's accessible from the inside of the vehicle. Order the improved elbow or cut the existing one to make a larger opening for debris. Ignore any advice that includes the word "drain-o"

Ian Morrison

Biffo 69
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a problem with water getting into the driver side floor area when there is a heavy rain. I've removed the wipers and taken apart the entire front trim area also the rail trim heading up the sides of the windshield. Replaced what looked like suspect grommet rubber feeling this may be the culprit. All else looked fine. Still leaking....Any ideas much appreciated.
Check behind the Air inlet
Hi had similar problem to you this summer. Checked the ends of Sunroof drain tubes up by Sunroof and they were all ok. Checked the opposite end which comes down edge of windscreen then goes through bulkhead and comes out in Drivers wing Air Vent and I had small split in rubber. Replaced pipe which is very fiddly to do. You have to remove rubber round front door, the drivers grab handle, The front sun visor and the windscreen A post moulding to remove it completely. If your careful you can get your hand under the roof lining to remove pipe from Sunroof drain. Mine was dripping down off top of A post moulding and occasionally hitting my face. floor was soaked, luckily the water did not damage cables running along side of drivers footwell under Door plastic edging.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two files within the link below that have the over 1,200 views relate to water leaking on the carpet thru what are called the air conditioner drains, but are also rain storm or car wash drains. There are two of them, one on each side of the transmission tunnel.

The water is supposed to drain via hoses thru holes in the floor onto the ground; instead, the hose(s) disconnect themselves and the carpet becomes the ground surface instead.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=30300

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut