Loose second row door panel and whistling, potential solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith Mann

Reaction score
2020 110. Put a ladder on her a couple weeks ago and have been experiencing loud whistling starting at about 50mph. I removed every other item off my roof rack with no solution. Then I began systematically taping off the gaps and seams of the ladder itself to try to isolate the source. Not luck either. Very annoying.
Yesterday, reading through some YouTube comments, I saw someone with the same issue. He had isolated the source. On the rear driver’s (LH) door there is a panel behind the window. It turns out some of the first units are missing several clips that attach the panel to the door. The result is a loose panel that, when paired with the new wind pattern from the ladder, whistles as air passes through the flapping material.
I am currently at my dealer to have them attempt to fix it. I will post a picture and give an update when I have more info. Hoping for a fix to a very aggravating problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith Mann

Reaction score
Fixed the whistling and the loose panel. Same root cause. The dealer removed the panel, added new clips, and Resealed. Everything is back to normal now. So, check your panel. Thanks.

c0625a5a4cb3300d6fa8a5646310515a.jpg

dd41e2ea012004f8ff63079633bd6e70.jpg

7601da3a2d4879aa1cd1e30873802192.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jbplatt13

Reaction score
Keith - Thank you very much for your post. I just had this same issue with my first edition. Appreciate the help!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA