Losing Settings between some drives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtraphan

Reaction score
Hi. I live in Montgomery, AL. I have a 2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE that had an issue with the battery going dead a couple times while at the repair shop for a few days.

I haven't had the issue of the battery going dead while at my house and recently, the vehicle went 5 days between drives and everything seemed fine.

This morning, after driving the Range Rover Sport just yesterday, the outside temperature was 37 degrees and the vehicle temperature settings reverted back to Celsius and the Speed Warning reverted back to being off and set to 157 mph. When these settings have been lost before between drives, it is these same settings that revert back to Celsius and the Speed Warning turned off and back to 157 mph.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing these settings to get lost sometimes between drives? All of the other vehicle settings seem to be OK. Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
How old is the battery? This sounds more like a battery going bad than anything else.

rtraphan

Reaction score
I think the battery is less than a year old, but it was in the Range Rover Sport when I bought the vehicle. I am planning to get Advance Auto Parts to run an alternator and battery test for me to see for sure.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me know, sadly batteries of 20-30 years ago could last what seemed like forever, sadly modern batteries have to deal with lots of computers and abuse. They last 3-4 years on average.

bowie

Reaction score
I had an intermittent issue 2011 supercharged. I found the terminal to the positive broken. It was an unusual bolt connection. RR want you to change the harness about 200usd!!. I fixed it with local engineering been fine since long time. Symptoms of the fault was clock and date would be reset intermittently. But would start ok , then one day it was dead. That’s when I discovered the issue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut