Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ttweedy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Along with my front diff issue, it looks like my lower control arm rear bushings are starting to go. After looking through the forum I’m thinking to replace the entire control arm and swap out the bushings with the poly bushings since we’ll be in there anyway. Thoughts?

Also do you thing a non LR tech can manage this job, or am I playing with fire?

Thanks,
Todd

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like an indy can do it...what color poly bushes are you getting?

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually, you'll have to replace ALL your ctrl arms (front back upper lower) on the LR. The orange poly is the way to go...

Timbugtoo

Reaction score
Lucky8 sells control arms with orange poly bushings pre-installed. Swapping out try arms is easy. Removing the rubber bushings is a PITA.

GO LUCKY 8. Do it yourself.

Ttweedy

Reaction score
Nice, I had never heard of them before. I spoke to a guy there and has everything I need. Thanks for the heads up!

Sagin

Reaction score
I changed out the front control arms and the knocking noise is still loud...is that the reason you changed yours out?

Ttweedy

Reaction score
My rear bushings are starting to go. If I do not change them out it will affect my alignment and trash the brand new set of Michelin‘s I put on the vehicle six months ago.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky8 sells control arms with orange poly bushings pre-installed. Swapping out try arms is easy. Removing the rubber bushings is a PITA.

GO LUCKY 8. Do it yourself.

Poly is pure waste of $ as well as a worse ride. Additionally, they don't always last longer. Unless you have upgraded EVERYTHING else, you are simply taking budget away from other much more important areas.

Furthermore, I decided it was better getting the "Meyle HD" ball joint in their front LCA with standard bushings than standard ball joint in arms with poly. L8 tried to look into this for me but ultimately nobody could get them so ebay won the day, and cheaper. Rovers North may now have access to these.

Last summer I replaced all 8 arms, 4 sway bushings and end links, toe links, new Bilstien 4600 series air struts, EBC 17" sized rotors, new brake lines and relocated the front air block tucked away higher.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut