LR Disco SE in need of some major help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlowery8719

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Troy and I own a 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE. Problem is that for over a year I haven't been able to drive it due to the fact that it needs a new engine. From what i've been told, antifreeze leaked into and the engine block is cracked. The dealership told me that it would cost $12,000 to replace and install which I can not afford. So now I am stuck with this awesome vehicle, making $350 payments monthly on a Land Rover that I cannot even drive. It's draining to say the least and I feel as though i'm going to be stuck making these payments until it's payed off which I still have $10,000 left on... Please, if anyone can help me out in any way possible, that would be great. I would greatly value some advice and maybe suggestions as to what to do. For me being only 22 years old, I feel as though i'm in way over my head..

Thanks,
Troy

05LR3AZ

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Troy and I own a 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE. Problem is that for over a year I haven't been able to drive it due to the fact that it needs a new engine. From what i've been told, antifreeze leaked into and the engine block is cracked. The dealership told me that it would cost $12,000 to replace and install which I can not afford. So now I am stuck with this awesome vehicle, making $350 payments monthly on a Land Rover that I cannot even drive. It's draining to say the least and I feel as though i'm going to be stuck making these payments until it's payed off which I still have $10,000 left on... Please, if anyone can help me out in any way possible, that would be great. I would greatly value some advice and maybe suggestions as to what to do. For me being only 22 years old, I feel as though i'm in way over my head..

Thanks,
Troy

Wow man...I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. Have you considered a new used engine or new block? Also, try to discuss with an LR independent shop where you might find a better price...all said and done your quote may be 25%-50%

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72