LR Discovery Full Sized spare and impact on cargo space

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee J

Reaction score
I am looking at the 2019 Discovery and am receiving conflicting information on any impact to the cargo space if the full sized spare is ordered. Is there no impact or is there a 100mm reduction in cargo space floor height?

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer but it may be based on whether you're getting 5 seats or 7 seats. It wasn't a consideration for me because I was always set on 5 seats and a full size spare. The more I learn about the 7-seat option, the happier I am that I went with 5 seats. For one thing, there's additional storage space under the cargo floor. I can't imagine not having a full size spare if it's ever to be driven off road. In a recent comparo of SUVs on an off-road adventure in one of the well known magazines, the new Discovery had to be retired from the competition because it had a flat and was found to only have a donut spare. I recently swapped the stock 255/55-20 Goodyear Eagles on 20"x8.5" wheels for 285/50-20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on Redbourne 20"x9.5" wheels, including the spare.

IMG_20190409_093540_6.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut