LR2 accelerating when shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchard

Reaction score
Hello
I have a 2008 LR2 with 165K miles. We've had it for 6 years and it's been a good truck. About 4 months ago it started accelerating when it shifts into 3rd gear. Sometimes it will do it when shifting into 2nd gear. When it gets to 30mph and just about to shift, the RPMs ramp up 500RPM and then slams into the next gear. It almost gives me whiplash.

It doesn't do it all the time. It only seems to happen after I drive for a while, stop the car and then drive again. Like stopping for gas and then driving more. I can tell right that it is going to do it because the gas pedal has more resistance when I push on it. I feel like it has to be something with the fuel system than the tranny. I have tried it in manual mode, it still does it. I have tried taking my foot off the gas when it is about to do it and it still continues to rev up in RPM. The truck runs great 90% of the time with no issue. We have taken it to the dealer and they said it is because I drive different than my wife who used to drive it more regularly and that the truck needed to learn how I drive. After four months it should know how I drive.

I'll take any help I can get on troubleshooting this one.

Thanks
Marty

Darkght

Reaction score
Hi Marty,

By any chance did you solve your problem? Im having the same issues with my Land Rover LR2 SE 2008.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV