LR2 Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

larryrh1

Reaction score
Hi, just got a 10 LR2 with 6,000 miles and love the car. Any tips or picturs on the oil change. I normally like to do the oil change myself but just wondering if there is anything different on the LR. It is nice to see pictures before actually getting under the car of what to look for. I believe i have seen it uses a paper refill filter. I like castrol syntec blend, any thoughts on that.
thanks

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your services should be covered under warranty. but if you still want to do it your self. first things first. 1- open the hood and unhook the powersteering reservoir wich is to your left. you will see the oil filter canister down below 2-loosen canister should be a 32mm socket (dont quote me on that i just grab a socket im use to grabbing) 3- now with it loose the oil will drain to the oil pan. raise vehicle and remove skid plate 13mm bolts about 6 or bolts holding skid plate. 4- drain oil 17mm wrench and replace washer 5- replace filter and seal. thats pretty much it fill with oil and enjoy. i wanna say about 7qts of oil. but fyi make sure you at least document this in your service book for future warranty issues.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and as far as the oil goes. these things use regular oil nothing special.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV