LR3 2008 Suspension Height Sensor Linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the front and rear I am adjusting the connecting rods on my LR3 to stock OEM length.

The issue is I threw out the OEM links those that connect the sensor to the wishbones on the car and that can be removed (have those thick rubber grommets).

Could any of you help me out for the rear and aft and measure the length of the outer link between the center of those rubber grommets!? I'll buy you a coffee promise!

View media item 546View media item 545

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this lying around but can't remember if it's front or rear. Sorry. I guess I threw the stock rods away when I lifted my 3.

20210313_102406.jpg

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks you cant believe how hard it is to get that data! that is the front, since it has the 90deg twisted head, the rear has both aligned. maybe from that measurement alone i can figure out the rear from the pictures.

front: 3.5"
rear: ? Best Guess 4.2-4.5"

Last edited:

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. They probably laid on my bench for 2 years and in a moment of unclarity got thrown out. At least you see I kept the sensor and that was probably 4 years ago and we know it doesn't work. Geez.

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more info

Front Link: 5K483A
Rear Link: 5K483B

Is what i am talking about

image.png

image.png

cristalfb

Reaction score
Hi BendRover123. Not sure if you received the complete answer to your question regarding suspension link lengths for your LR3. I originally purchased a set of Johnson Rods for my 2011 LR4 and used them for approx 3 years until I sold the car. I removed them when I sold the LR4 and purchased a 2011 RRS. The rods are now installed on the car and function great.
The short link (front) length is 3.346 in (8.5cms)(eye centre to eye centre). The long link (rear) length is 4.527 in (11.5cms. I'll try and post a couple of pics. Sorry, beyond me!:(
Regards, Chris (OZ).:smile:

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you still need that rear measurement - I just swapped out my failing stock ride height sensors in the rears and it came with the rubber ones that were about the same length as my Johnson rods for the rears (which is kinda funny as I remember them being shorter all the way around but that was almost 5 years ago too so I might be mistaken). The measurements in the above post seem to be about correct 3.25 vs 4.5 front to rear but I can measure the ones I put on my truck this last weekend if you need..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut