LR3 Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SimonHartropp

Reaction score
I am new to Rover World - and to my LR3. I want to be a donor of battery power to a neighbour's car with a dead battery. The LR3 manual talks about the battery positive (+) connection point - but does not say where it is. And where is the recommended negative (-) connection point?

Last edited:

SimonHartropp

Reaction score
Telephoned response to me from Decarie Motors, Montreal

:hello:Beware! being a donor is NOT recommended as it may upset the electrics & electronics on-board the LR3.
:albertein in an emergency, :-
a) the battery is on the starboard side of the engine compartment, as shown in the Owner's Handbook in Figure E80818 on page 215
b) Remove its underhood cover as shown in Figure E80386 on page 206. :argh: it's smart to practice this in daylight on a warm day, rather than attemping it for the first time 21h00 at night in -14 deg C windy conditions. The tabs on the covers are plastic and easily break in cold conditions.
c) on LR3, use the battery positive as the vehicle positive (+) connection point
d) on LR3, use a good earthing point as the negative (-) connection point -:eek:DO NOT USE the negative terminal of the battery.

5crows

Reaction score
I bought a used 2006 lr3 hse last march. Had it about 4 months and after taking it for an oil change and inspection, noticed a sluggish start. A couple days later, the computer started throwing weird errors. I didn't have a code reader, but didn't believe the error codes. Removed cables and charged battery, didn't take a charge. So took it to get it checked and it failed. New battery, no more code failures.

I did hold the positive and negative cables togehter after removing old battery, which I think does a system reset?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut