LR3 Bumper Removal with added High Beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonicpix

Reaction score
Been using this forum for years so THANKS to all those that have helped me a lot!

My ask is, I'm replacing my headlights. Normally a very simple job, but I have bumper mounted high beams (sorry if the description is off....can't find the part number). This makes removing the grill and lights very difficult. The driver side I replaced without having to remove the light, but the passenger side I can't. I began trying to remove the lights but changed my mind because I was not sure how they attached and thought I might have to climb under the car to do so.

Any help on how to remove the lights would be great. It will also let me trouble shoot the parking sensor problem I have. See photo.

Thanks

26026018_10159781671745300_7460314854588623793_o.jpg

sonicpix

Reaction score
Update.....after searching more, I found a diagram of how the pieces assemble. Surprisingly throw a duckduckgo search but wasn't able to find it on this site searching. Thanks

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been using this forum for years so THANKS to all those that have helped me a lot!

My ask is, I'm replacing my headlights. Normally a very simple job, but I have bumper mounted high beams (sorry if the description is off....can't find the part number). This makes removing the grill and lights very difficult. The driver side I replaced without having to remove the light, but the passenger side I can't. I began trying to remove the lights but changed my mind because I was not sure how they attached and thought I might have to climb under the car to do so.

Any help on how to remove the lights would be great. It will also let me trouble shoot the parking sensor problem I have. See photo.

Thanks

View attachment 10649
I just thought I would complement you on how good looking your 3 is. It really looks to be in nice condition.

Last edited:

colb45

Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly you have to remove the head lights and the grill to be able to get the front bumper clip off due to a couple bolts holding it on. To remove the actual main LR3 headlights, the grill has to come off. Really no way around it...unless you are talking about replacing the actual bulbs inside..

I have long since pitched my front bumper but to get it off that is really the only way to go about it.

Id be shocked if you will be able to access anything form underneath, between the OEM skid plate there really is no room or access to get in there.

sonicpix

Reaction score
the light bulb brunt out. Normally the grill pops off and then the lights...really easy to get, unless you have the added fog lights. My mechanic was able to get enough room to get to them. Thanks

However, I will need to get the bumper off the replace the parking sensors.

sonicpix

Reaction score
I just thought I would complement you on how good looking your 3 is. It really looks to be in nice condition.

THANKS! I've gotten a number of compliments on it. I searched for about 3 years for one, tried buying another from a dealer who refused to sell it to me after they found out how much it would cost to safety it, then found this one. These are fairly uncommon, but I had a neighbour who had one with the same colours, but not HSE.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA