LR3 Differential Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ttweedy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My 72k front diff is starting the dreded wherrrr. Any suggestions on my options? Obviously there is a reman from LR, used part, can have my mechanic rebuild it, and also saw Centurion Differential online. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Todd

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man...mine got replaced by a new LR version. I don't know which variety I'd go with. Are there new LR units still being sold?

Ttweedy

Reaction score
Hahaha, no worries. Thanks for chiming in. My understanding is they make new units anymore. The company that originally supplied them ended production. There are rebuild kit for an Indy as well Centurion out of Texas that specialize LR diffs. There are also reman LR units available. Just not quite sure which way to go.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's crazy...how can they just NOT make them? $hit, I'd better take good care of mine!

I don't really know what you should do. Have you at least tried changing the fluid and seeing if the "whrrrrr" subsides? Maybe I'd go Centurion.....?

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Centurion unit and keep up with preventive maintenance with your diff

Ttweedy

Reaction score
Thanks for the lead, although it looks like they use Centurian diffs anyway. I’ll call them to see what their pricing is though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi