Lr3 fault issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Len H

Reaction score
Suspension fault max speed 30, also parking brake fault coming on sparaticly staying on then goes away park brake seems to work. When supspension fault comes on can’t control height adjustment.will go off when driving and come back on. Has new compressor. Also lights aren’t working in auto mode sunroof and heated seats not working. Thought electrical or computer issue? 2005 lr3 4.4 motor.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously....your post is lacking enough information for anyone to help. What year vehicle? Which engine? Miles? Any physical symptoms? Codes?

Do some work....then we can help.

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suspension fault max speed 30, also parking brake fault coming on sparaticly staying on then goes away park brake seems to work. When supspension fault comes on can’t control height adjustment.will go off when driving and come back on. Has new compressor. Also lights aren’t working in auto mode sunroof and heated seats not working. Thought electrical or computer issue? 2005 lr3 4.4 motor.
You need to buy a Gap Tool or equivalent to read the codes. There are way too many variables for people to even start to try to help.

Houm_WA, still no people skills?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha... @m_lars apparently not!

@Len H do you mean that when you hit 30 mph it gives you the fault? Is it amber or red? Generally you want to check your tail lights and brake lights, then replace your brake switch. If it is a red fault that occurs at highway speed then you have a bad EAS Calibration.

Concur with m_lars that you ought to buy a GAP tool. If you are going to keep the LR3 for a while, a GAP tool is as basic to your tool kit as a flat head screwdriver.

Len H

Reaction score
Comes on soon as you start driving or sometimes as soon as you start car sometime it’s amber and sometimes it’s red and tells you fault in suspension max speed 30. Also park brake fault comes on also amber.

Len H

Reaction score
Also any recommendations on a gap tool. What’s a good one to get. Thank for any info. New to landrover and using forums.

kameag

Reaction score
I am the last guy to have any real knowledge other than reading a lot of forums. Similar (not same) issues I had ended up being an electrical issue with the wire bundle in the front passenger door step. Was filled with water and caused a short.

Everyone seems to think the IID Tool from GAP diagnostics is the one to own.

kcouls001

Reaction score
I had similar issues with my 2005 LR3. I ended up replacing the brake switch, but also the battery. Even though the battery tested ok at Autozone, it was still not sufficient. The new battery basically fixed my problems. You could also check the electrical connections by the battery - if water got in there, it could be corroded and the connections may need to be brushed/cleaned.

Len H

Reaction score
Thanks all for great feedback. Yes has newer battery and air compressor was recently installed. Will try to check other connections. Also anyone out there try the icarsoft LR11 gap tool supposed to read codes and faults as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi