LR3 fuel hand always on empty

What could it be

• Should I take it to the dealer

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Should I take it to auto parts store to let them read it with the machine

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charmaine Edge

Reaction score
I noticed that my gas hand was on empty, the other day is when it started. Never happened before. I knew that I had gas in it , now I can't tell how much. I began to tap on the little window behind my steering wheel but that didn't move it. So I went to the gas station to fill it up. I knew it was full because the gas pump kept clicking. Full tank of gas but my gas hand still reads 0, and yellow lighted dot on.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably one of your sending units. I had the same issue and replaced both and while the tank was out replaced the fuel pump since I had 235k on what I assume was the original pump. It's really not a bad job, there are about 6 bolts and maybe 5 connectors to drop the tank. Once out there is an access hole and you have to stick your arm way up inside to pull the front unit. The rear unit is right at the hole. There are videos on line showing the process. As a side note immediately after replacing them I ran into an intermittent no start situation where it would turn over but not fire. After literally 6 months of diagnosing intermittently I replaced the fuel pump relay and it's fired up every time since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72