LR3 - heated seats as a dealer option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

DJJeffT

So I just bought a 2006 LR3 HSE in Tampa in late November. As fate has it, i didn't get the heated seats option and NOW I just took a job in DC, so I need them!

Is there a way to add them on at the dealer??????

Thanks all. Love the boards here.

Jeff

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cost prohibitive, as with almost any factory retrofits. You'd need purchase (or trade for) the LR3 heated seats and front controls (and any other components that it may require)... and then pay for the labor to install it.

You could try to go to a custom seat shop that might be able to retrofit something custom for you... assuming they'll have the guts to touch seats with air bags in them :D

B

Baben

Hi Folks

I've been looking into this as a DIY project, and there are a few options available in the $100.00 range. Have a look at http://www.heatedseatkits.com/products.php

The round switches even look like the LR part. I haven't found out yet what the exact size is, but will inform once I get a response.

D

DJJeffT

Interesting.

I would be curious to see how it goes. The price is obviously right, but I would probably reach out to a professional to install.

Jeff

L

lr305

Hi Folks

I've been looking into this as a DIY project, and there are a few options available in the $100.00 range. Have a look at http://www.heatedseatkits.com/products.php

The round switches even look like the LR part. I haven't found out yet what the exact size is, but will inform once I get a response.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Baben:

Please keep us posted. I am also interested in having heated seats on front and backseats on my truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I think its a pretty simple pro install. Don't know about the airbags, but maybe they know a good way if these are becoming more common. Check with a local seat or sunroof installer and they'll be able to do it for you.

B

Baben

OK, I have 1/2 the info I need:

"For the landrover, the best seat heater you should get is the H2 model since that is what Land Rover buys from us on a regular basis. The two color dual temperature switch is approximately 20mm in width and should be installed in an area where it is easily accessible by both driver and passengers.

If you wish to purchase a set today, please visit the link below...

http://www.heatedseatkits.com/products.php

Thank you for your interest in our products!"

Just waiting to find out the exact dimensions of the switches, then will be able to tell if they will fit in the factory position in the centre of the temperature dial in the SE

B

Baben

BTW, they have fairly comprehensive installation manuals on the site too, if you are going to attempt this yourself.

B

Baben

OK, checked it out, there is no way to fit the round switch supplied with the kit in the factory hole, as there is a PC-board about 15mm behind the hole. Will have to find another way to do this, unless it is possible to acquire the factory switch..

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you use one of the blank buttons to the side of the stereo? (phone/bluetooth button holders.) Just a thought.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72