LR3 Parasitic Power Draw Car wont go into deep sleep mode

Have you experienced battery dying issues on the LR3

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a parastitic power draw issue.

1. local repair shop isolated it and it was the instrument cluster, once replaced the battery dying all the time issue went away,
  2. now i have the limited gears available issue and suspension stuck in normal mode issue since i still need to fix the shifter assembly wiring harness and guess what? parasitic powdr draw issue is back depleting the battery say 2-3 weeks,
  3. i have also read that LR3 owners had this parasitic power draw issue and replaced a rear hatch actuator, or hood closed switch resolvong the issue,
Long post short i finally figured out that they are all related, for certain faults like security (locks, keys etc), transmission, suspension the car will not go into deep sleep when it has ANY fault.

So the obvious and easy solution to completely elliminate dying batteries (and with it dying alternators and starters), is to make sure you elliminate faults as they occur by replacing the components.

That makes me wonder if Landrover did that on purpose to drive people into the dealerships.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi