LR3 Rear Air Blower CFM/Volume reduced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok guys, My “new to me” 2008 SE V8 is in extremely great shape. Took it on it’s first trip from TX to CO and hit some trails, had lots of fun, and going back next week to do more. It’s HOT in TX right now, and the LR3 is not keeping the rear seat passengers very cool... not because the air is not cold, there’s just not much of it coming out. I recently replaced the front cabin air filter and have nice air flow up front... I do not see a rear cabin air filter anywhere... am I missing it? If there is not one fitted, do I assume it’s the actual blower motor or resistor or what?

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just the 1 cabin filter
go and have your AC system tested

My refrigerant was at 25% capacity (!) when not blowing cold in very hot weather (110º) - now its all good

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh . . also have you checked your front or rear controls? sometimes they can get bumped accidentally.

looking at the front button for rear air (bottom right button below front passenger temp dial):

- if the top light next to "A" is on (for auto), rear will match the front settings
- if the bottom light is on, control is passed to the rear panel/passengers, so use those dials
- no lights, mean rear air is off

just making sure you have checked the obvious before diving further than necessary

Reaction score
Thank you Doug, I appreciate your replies and thoughtfulness. It’s actually blowing very cold air in the rear, it’s just not blowing very much of it. Rear control Button is set to match in the auto setting (top light.) And the behavior of fan speed/volume of air flow in the rear is not different on auto high or rear control high. Front filter is clean and good. What I did notice is that there is about 50% of the volume of air coming out of the floor vents for the rear seat passengers. So I’ll be checking the dampers that direct the flow next. I still think overall it’s not putting out as much air flow as it should.

i am supposing I have to pull the rear quarter panel interior trim out to get to all that? That’s all so flimsy I’m a tad hesitant to remove it.

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can try switching rear heater fan relay R10 with front heater fan relay R16, both in the engine compartment fuse box just as a no cost experiment.

See if there is a change in behavior?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut