LR3 retracting side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do only the '09 LR3's have retracting side mirrors or do all of them have it?

Or is this and upgrade option?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and are these retrofit able to a 05-08 LR3?

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the dealer this morning and i saw LR3's and LR2's with the mirrors turn in. May be they are manual? I had a M class mercedes and this function was powered.

Does anyone know?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the RRS - not 100% sure about the LR3 - "powerfold" mirrors became standard equipment on MY08 here in North America (the feature is market dependent, apparently. In Europe, they were standard issue right away on the Sport, surely because of their narrower streets and tiny garages... :smile: ) They can be retrofitted to earlier model years, but it's an expensive trick. Two power folding mirrors, about $6/700, the powerfold electronic module that plugs into the CJB, $3/400, and labor to get everything hooked up and working.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting?

Thanks I guess i dont have that option on my 07 LR3:frown:

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to LR idiosyncrasies. The LR3 has always been advertised as having power retracting mirrors. The 05 even has the insignia on the switch and the owners manual says it retracts. However, the 2005 LR3's do not have it. It was eventually worked into the production cycle later.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jus t read my manual and it says the mnirrors retract but you have to push it manually:hmpf:

I'll try it and let you guys know

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to step out of the car and push them in. Yeah, they will "retract" then... They will also manually flip back in position - if you pull them out. :biggrin:

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powered ones would be good like all the Mercedes is the LR4 like that? anyone know?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover USA web site says the LR4 HSE with Lux Plus Super Mega Trip The Light Fantastic package includes power folding exterior mirrors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV