LR3 Roof Rack Opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reaching out to the forum, to see what people opinion between Voyager vs Baja roof rack? I plan to use the roof rack as
- viewing platform at NASCAR races
- roof top tent for camping
- spare tire / hi-lift jack during off-road
- off-road light mount

Yeap.. the rack is going to be abuse...

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reaching out to the forum, to see what people opinion between Voyager vs Baja roof rack? I plan to use the roof rack as
- viewing platform at NASCAR races
- roof top tent for camping
- spare tire / hi-lift jack during off-road
- off-road light mount

Yeap.. the rack is going to be abuse...

Hannibal USA. Not the size for the lr3 but the size for Disco 2. Nice flat slats for easiest hang out space but also light and strong for everything else.

lr3.ss.ext.rightside2.jpg

lr3.tent.rp.jpg

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the standard Bajarack on my LR3, and so far I'm pretty happy with it. The build quality seems good, I'm able to walk around on it without much deflection in the rack, and it seems to have plenty of space for anything I could want to carry. It's also damn quiet, and still allows the sunroof to open. I'll be loading up the rover for a trip next week, so it should see it's first use then. I'll let you know if I notice anything negative.

IMG_1122.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...any interference with sunroof operation?

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you load on to your baja rack?

Charles,

Well, I haven't put anything on it yet. On my previous rack, I carried all sorts of things, including firewood, off road equipment (hi-lift jack & shovel), jerry cans, and luggage. My plan for the Bajarack is to use it for pretty much the same stuff. I've got a couple of decent sized Pelican cases that might end up riding up there for camping trips as well (leaves more room inside for the dogs!). I'm also thinking about carrying the spare tire on the forward portion of the rack during extended off-road trips. After suffering through unloading the truck in 100+ degree heat in the middle of the Utah desert just so I could change a tire, the roof carry option is looking pretty nice.

Paul

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a few of those wanting the Baja could put together a group buy if we're not in a hurry. I can look into it if there is any interest.

4advtr

Reaction score
Just a little insight into the BajaRack. In my opinion they aren't very well suited for walking on. They are great for loading things onto but the psi from walking on the thinner cross support rails can cause them to bend. I have one on my D2 and used to own a shop where we sold tons of them. They are excellent racks other than this particular usage.

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little insight into the BajaRack. In my opinion they aren't very well suited for walking on. They are great for loading things onto but the psi from walking on the thinner cross support rails can cause them to bend. I have one on my D2 and used to own a shop where we sold tons of them. They are excellent racks other than this particular usage.

Utilizing a Bajarack as a viewing platform to walk/sit on, etc, the use of some chicken coup flooring from Farmtek works perfect to avoid the potential of bending mentioned above: http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...01&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=20251

I utilize those on my LR3 Bajarack for the times I want to use as a viewing platform.

BTW: walking on those thinner bars doesn't really bend them, you just see a little flex in them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi