LR3 Seat not heating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhack

Reaction score
Probably have gone through this before--sorry.

Seat burned me, fuses okay, hard reset. Still no driver side heat. Bought seat element (LR dealer on-line $130) dealer in Greenville, SC wanted $187. Took to the interior guy the LR dealer uses ($125), dealer wanted $285. Old seat element had shorted and started melting cushion. New element is installed. It did not heat. I tried reseting the car again--battery cable short. It still does not heat. The other 3 seats work fine. The driver seat back does not appear to be heating either, don't really ever remember feeling much on the seat back.

Any suggestions of what I should check? Lights on dash make it appear the driver seat is working. visiually checked fuses, did not do a continuity check.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pdf of electrical link attached

When you look at the 6 page wiring layout, you will see on page 180, the left and right seats both have the same setup, but are fortunately seperate.

The drawings show the connector pin numbers. I would run 12VDC and a ground to the appropriate pins on the seat side of the connecter. You should get heat to both the seat and seat back if the new seat heat element is OK and if the seat back element is still OK.

This is because both the seat and seat back elements are in series so both have to be good or there would be no current flow. You might wish to try some ohmeter readings before you hook any power up.

No reading would suggest a break in the back element if one assumes the new seat element is good, or perhaps the two are not connected together. Any reading in ohms except zero probably means the element is OK.

This will at least prove the new element works or not. You may want to wire in a 25 amp fuse to your temporary power supply.

As to if power is sent to the heater, a second circuit to a heat sensor exists to tell the control to send power or not - that is also shown on the wiring drawings but first things first - can you manually get the elements to warm up?

http://bit.ly/OqZCJz

Last edited:

bhack

Reaction score
Thank you

Hopefully I will have time to try this weekend. I will let you know what I find.

spawnywhippet

Reaction score
I have no heat to both front seats. All the relays and fuses are good, battery is brand new, done hard reset many times. I looked under the passenger seat and found that a cable with 4 wires has been disconnected and taped up. The wire's colors are grey, black, white/yellow and yellow white. The cable comes out of the multiplug connector then splits, with half the wires disappearing up the back of the seat and these wires dangling.

I removed the seat and can't find any plugs or socket that looks like it is missing these wires. Where should they go to?

I read the PDF in the post above and could not understand it.

cjhm331

Reaction score
I have the same problem

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut