LR3 "Suspesion Fault", "Special Programs Off"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93GSX

Reaction score
I have a 2006 LR3 SE V6 and for the past 6 months i was getting the normal ride height error and then the other day i got the "systems fault special programs not available", "special systems off", and "suspension fault". The suspension went to the bump stops and the compressor does not even turn on, but I do not get the red light and i can drive over 30mph with the suspension on the bump stops. The first error read on the 4Dcan software i am using was "compressor circuit" then cleared, then restarted car and got code "pressure increase to slow when filling reservoir" and then i cleared that and restarted car and got "air spring air supply fault, compressor". This whole time the compressor never turned on. I tried to jump it from the r7 relay and compressor did not turn on manually and i even put in a new relay and still no compressor turning on when car is running. Also my battery is only about 3 months old, since i know low voltage can cause some of these issues, so i don't think that's it. Also all fuses suspension related looked fine. The 4Dcan tool shows 0 volt from the compressor while the car is running as well so it does not look like it is getting any power.

Could this just be the compressor or something else? My brake lights work and have never had an issue with them, but I know these symptoms are also caused by the faulty brake switch. I would think if it was the brake switch though it wouldn't cause the compressor not even turn on and I would think it would trigger the red suspension light and i would not be able to go over 30mph.

Any advice ASAP on this would be great.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically the brake switch issue causes similar symptoms but once you cycle the ignition, those symptoms (and the fault) go away, for a while. This to me does in fact sound like the compressor.

93GSX

Reaction score
Yep, swapped a new compressor in today and it fired right up and cleared all codes. I guess my old compressor was completely fried.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV