1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LR3 tires and wheels

Discussion in 'LR3' started by lr3seowner, Jul 27, 2020.

Car Parts
  1. lr3seowner

lr3seowner Member

I'm sure this has been discussed endless times before, so apologize for the duplicity. I recently lifted by '08 LR3 with Old Man Emu's (w/ 2 inch lift) and am now in the market for new tires and (potentially) wheels. I would like to know what tire size would work without minor adjustments and which ones could work with minor adjustments. I've looked at General Grabbers 275/70/18's but unsure if they will work or what potential problems I might run into.

On a related note, I'm also interested in replacing my stock wheels with steelies from either Lucky8 or Tuffant. I would like to know other's thoughts on this - e.g., added weight, reliability, look, etc. - and how things have turned out (if you went with them - pictures would be awesome).

Thanks in advance.

2. f1racer328

f1racer328 Full Access Member

lr3seowner likes this.
  3. WestHamPaul

WestHamPaul New Member

I run the Lucky8 wheels with 275/65R18 on my '06 and I get minor rubbing at full lock. I like the look, they were cheap but they are heavy. I don't do any aggressive wheeling yet (need to add sliders, etc) but they've held up pretty well so far. They come with lug nuts but they will rust very quickly. Lucky8 is aware of the issue and hoping for a solution from the manufacturer.

. InkedIMG_1416_LI.jpg

4. lr3seowner

lr3seowner Member

Weight is a concern. Good to know that 275/65 works with minor rubbing. Just to be clear is it the lug nuts, wheels, or both that rust easily?

5. WestHamPaul

WestHamPaul New Member

Sorry, just the lug nuts.