LR4 19” tire options!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrkramer76

Reaction score
Ok..
Looking to upgrade tires for this coming winter and the stock tires on my 2012 LR4 is 255/55/19
Which seems to not be that popular with the tire manufacturer community compared to 18” and 20” sizes..

What tires has anyone had luck with on their LR4’s? Thinking of Cooper Discoverer AT3’s?.. anything others I should be Looking at as well?

thanks ahead of time!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can think about AT3's all you want, but they don't make them in a 19" wheel size. Unfortunate, because it's a really good tire. Your options are limited, and they've all been pretty well discussed on here, so if you search for them, you'll find a lot of info.

For all-terrainish tires:

Cooper LTZ
Goodyear Duratrac
Atturo Trailblade or something
Continental Terraincontact

Michelin probably makes the best street tire.

There are also some snow tire recommendations. Search "snow tire" and you'll find those.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok..
Looking to upgrade tires for this coming winter and the stock tires on my 2012 LR4 is 255/55/19
Which seems to not be that popular with the tire manufacturer community compared to 18” and 20” sizes..

What tires has anyone had luck with on their LR4’s? Thinking of Cooper Discoverer AT3’s?.. anything others I should be Looking at as well?

thanks ahead of time!
I asked a similar question last year and got some great feedback on the thread I linked below. There are also a lot of other 19 inch tire threads here worth searching out. Have a look, you will find some helpful information in there. FYI - I ended up with the Nokian 255/55R19 WRG3 SUV

Michilin, Goodyear or Nokian? (19")

armozo

Reaction score
I just installed last Friday the Continental Terraincontact AT... They look great and I hope they live up to their great reputation.
I had the Duratrac's and they got progressively louder as they aged. Hope this helps.

IMG_4213.JPG

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed last Friday the Continental Terraincontact AT... They look great and I hope they live up to their great reputation.
I had the Duratrac's and they got progressively louder as they aged. Hope this helps.

I'm coming up on one year running these Contis and I have no complaints. Great in around-town and long haul road driving. I have had them on the trails in easy to moderately difficult situations. I did cut one sidewall in a fluke incident in muddy offroad conditions, but I happily ordered a replacement when I got home. The TerrainContact A/T is a solid all-around 19" option for the LR4 for those who don't have specialty offroad needs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA