LR4 2016, the engine is dead!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mohmmaed khater

Reaction score
I own a 2016 LR4, fully maintained at the local authorized Dealership, services done always on time, never said no to parts change requested by the dealer, the car on 100 KM. Still under services contract but warranty expired.

on 15th of Dec we were booked for 100K KM car service, the Dealership team reported to us that there are parts out of the services contract that needs to be changed :
- RENEWED HEATER MANIFOLD ASSY, AS PER TOPIX, CARRIED OUT COOLANT BLEEDING & PRESSURE TEST, FOUND OKy,
- MANIFOLD - HEATER Qty (1)
- ANTIFREEZE PETROL ENGINES RED 1L Qty (2)
-The cooling system has been rectified&is working satisfactorily during our testing. In case overheating persist, more.

The dealership made the services and changed parts The car was handed to us on the morning of 19th Dec, we were not informed that the car has any other issues.
On the evening of the same day, and while driving the car it started making some noise, and the smoke coming from the car engine, Dealership picked the car from the highway the same evening of 19th Dec.

After 48 hours we received a call and were informed that the engine is dead!! the report came with this statement (Check coolant level low on ipk during inspection found coolant leak from Engine outlet pipe. Require approval to open the Cylinder head or inspection. (not starting)

The dealership claims they changed the pipes one day before the car breakdown!! and this is not their responsibility!! My reading, they did a mistake, 'm not trusting the whole process, something not right!! The car was running 100% fine with no mechanical issues, never overheated, and was delivered for routine service.

let know your comments, please.

Thank you
[email protected]

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a lawyer, document everything in writing, fight for what’s right

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish you recorded everything they said, if you have any text or documents from them file them and call a lawyer. See if you can get them to admit the part they replaced failed and make sure there is no paper stating that they are not responsible for the parts they replaced within a 24hr period.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear this, but it sounds like you might be able to get a new engine out of them if you get a decent lawyer. It sounds like the service tech messed up some critical step in the process, or installed defective parts. Either way…

Reaction score
Sounds all to familiar. Overheated, had an indie do all the coolant pipes and coolant. Following morning bam. Had it towed back to them, we did everything right. Hey right. Had it towed to LR. You need a new engine. I had a warranty. Warranty company said just fix what’s broken install a new head and call it a day. Fortunately for me Orlando LR said relax. Your getting a new $17,000 engine. Gave me a loaner car (Velar) and two months later I drove out with my ride. Cost me $333.00 out of pocket. They dealt with the warranty company’s red tape. Check engine light came on about one month later on my way for my physical. They said something like,why’s your blood pressure off the chart? Long story short, I did buy the Lucky 8 tool and found it was O2 sensor on the same bank as the coolant issue. Jacked it up, replaced it and no problem since. It was completely black. I assume from attempting to work covered in coolant. As I’ve said before, these rides aren’t for the faint of heart but once you sort them out they are the best. Philip

777AIA

Reaction score
I own a 2016 LR4, fully maintained at the local authorized Dealership, services done always on time, never said no to parts change requested by the dealer, the car on 100 KM. Still under services contract but warranty expired.

on 15th of Dec we were booked for 100K KM car service, the Dealership team reported to us that there are parts out of the services contract that needs to be changed :
- RENEWED HEATER MANIFOLD ASSY, AS PER TOPIX, CARRIED OUT COOLANT BLEEDING & PRESSURE TEST, FOUND OKy,
- MANIFOLD - HEATER Qty (1)
- ANTIFREEZE PETROL ENGINES RED 1L Qty (2)
-The cooling system has been rectified&is working satisfactorily during our testing. In case overheating persist, more.

The dealership made the services and changed parts The car was handed to us on the morning of 19th Dec, we were not informed that the car has any other issues.
On the evening of the same day, and while driving the car it started making some noise, and the smoke coming from the car engine, Dealership picked the car from the highway the same evening of 19th Dec.

After 48 hours we received a call and were informed that the engine is dead!! the report came with this statement (Check coolant level low on ipk during inspection found coolant leak from Engine outlet pipe. Require approval to open the Cylinder head or inspection. (not starting)

The dealership claims they changed the pipes one day before the car breakdown!! and this is not their responsibility!! My reading, they did a mistake, 'm not trusting the whole process, something not right!! The car was running 100% fine with no mechanical issues, never overheated, and was delivered for routine service.

let know your comments, please.

Thank you
[email protected]
Recommend surprising them with a visit at the mechanic shop. See if you can talk to the mechanic that worked on the car. See what he says…
I’m always amazed how honest these guys can be when you’re talking to them one on one… And the boss isn’t there.
Sorry for your troubles. But it gets sorted out better than you think in the long run…

mohmmaed khater

Reaction score
Happy holidays,

Thank you for your help, we already filed a case with the consumer rights law department and waiting for them to take action in 3 working days. The problem since the trust is lost and if this was their mistake, not sure if they managed to hide the real problem since the car is parked at the dealer workshop for days now.

I will let you know once there is progress.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi