LR4 Brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have either made a genius or disastrous move here. I began to get a bit of light brake effort high speed shimmy through the steering wheel which typically means the rotors are getting some runout on them. They are Zimmerman's and about 2 years old so I hope they are salvageable (may turn them).

Anyhow I had some RaybestoView attachment 9335 View attachment 9335 View attachment 9335 View attachment 9336 View attachment 9337 View attachment 9336 s Professional rotors that I pulled almost immediately after a bit of use due to high high runout numbers. Anyhow the plan is to resurface these and swap them in for the Zimmermans.

I thought I would start with fresh pads. While cruising Rock auto I see the OE Fedoros are no longer available (replaced by some Euro enviro friendly pad at twice the price). I then spot some Brembo Premium Ceramics. for $36. Wow. I know Brembo pads have been hit or miss in the past but I took a flyer. Well they arrived and I am quite surprised.

- Great fancy looking box (typically I get a squished damaged ratty box with brake pads.
- each set of pads are wrapped in Brembo imprinted cloth towels.
-full set of hardware and

The pads have the proper weights installed. Awesome. All this for $36. They look good at least lol.

FYI there is a VIN break on the brakes for 2010 LR4s. The difference in the early vin vs later vin is the latter pads are 1mm less thick. Land Rover must have had install problems at the factory which was solved by making the pads thinner.

IMG_3608.JPG
IMG_3609.JPG
IMG_3611.JPG

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Fedoros for their bite and feel but they do make a mess, although I swear the high carbon soft rotors also contribute to the dust. If the Brembos have the same bite, feel, don't squeal then less dust would just be icing on the cake. I am surprised they even had the proper weights and for $36...

If they are good I may order a few more sets.

AC082617

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2012 LR4, the car needs new brakes shortly. How did the Brembo Pads work out? I was thinking about getting a pair along with rotors, is this a good way to go?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea yet. I am pulling the current Federo pads and Zimmermann rotors this weekend and replacing with the previously warped Raybestos Advanced Technology (machined true) and Brembo pads on the weekend.

bradpinkston

Reaction score
I've been working on brakes on my LR4. Do the weights go on the outside of the disc or inside? Bottom or top? Thanks for posting this.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2012 LR4, the car needs new brakes shortly. How did the Brembo Pads work out? I was thinking about getting a pair along with rotors, is this a good way to go?

Have not installed yet.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answer to other question. Weights go on the top outside position, only 1 pad per side has the weight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut