LR4 brakes hard and won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sceh

Reaction score
I previously posted about the brakes suddenly being soft but now have another issue which could be related.
Stopped the car, switched off and then tried to start again. Dead. Ignition on but the starter doesn't fire. Can't move the lever out of Park either.
Press the hard brake pedal really,really hard and it starts and the brake pedal goes to the floor and is very soft. Pump twice and it is OK and the brakes are fine too.
I have had a similar problem with another car and never found out why. Clearly pushing the brake hard tells the computer I have my foot on the brake but why this weird behaviour?
thanks for any pointers.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I've been there. I feel for anyone that has to deal with this, I threw out my back twice trying to start it.

My issue was that I was 1/2 quart low on transmission fluid. I added the missing transmission fluid and had to recalibrate the transfer case with the IIDTool. In the middle of the recalibration, it requires you to start the truck. If it doesn't start the truck on the first try, you need to restart the calibration.

Once mine was calibrated, it starts normally with ease.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV