lr4 fan clutch thread direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quirozson

Reaction score
lr4 fan clutch thread direction?
2011 LR4 HSE USA

When facing the engine from the bumper, which way should I turn. Interwebs say counterclockwise while facing the engine, but I can't get mine to move! Whacking 36mm Wrench with a hammer to the left and nothing!

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is what I used for reference when I removed mine on my 2012. Mine had previously been replaced under warranty so it was easy to get off.

quirozson

Reaction score

This is what I used for reference when I removed mine on my 2012. Mine had previously been replaced under warranty so it was easy to get off.
That is the video I used and having been smacking pushing and cursing counter clockwise with no movement!

alldazed

Reaction score
I believe it is a reverse thread so you would turn it clockwise facing it on that era of the V8. SC version on rrsc is regular thread. Lisle makes a very good tool that attaches to an air hammer running off a reasonable size air compressor. My 1 gallon wouldn’t work but 30 gallon compressor took it off in seconds.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rule of thumb is that whichever way the engine rotates, to loosen the fan you want to turn the nut in that same direction.

quirozson

Reaction score
I believe it is a reverse thread so you would turn it clockwise facing it on that era of the V8. SC version on rrsc is regular thread. Lisle makes a very good tool that attaches to an air hammer running off a reasonable size air compressor. My 1 gallon wouldn’t work but 30 gallon compressor took it off in seconds.
I will put more effort in that direction. "I believe" is not too confidence inspiring though :)

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
For reference, according to the workshop manual for the 5.0 V8.

1672846564891.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA