LR4 Fuel Pressure Sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seankomarmy

Reaction score
Hello- I have the workshop manual and still can't find the Fuel Pressure Sensor on my 2016 LR4. Do I need to disassemble some parts of the engine before being able to find it? I thought it was on the back Left (US-Drivers Side).. I had code P0089 come up and I am replacing the sensor first, then going to have the ECU re-flashed for the update (if the new part doesn't work) After that I will give up and pay the shop to replace any pumps...

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
The fuel pressure sensor is on the fuel rail on bank 1. Looking from inside the cab, RH side towards the firewall. It's easier to access it, if you remove the fuel rail.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0089 is for the low pressure fuel sensor.
Mounted on the frame rail, right in front of the fuel tank.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the P0089-64 code intermittently through winter, but now that it’s warmed up, not a blip. I was actually getting ready to take it to the dealer when I noticed it went out on its own; hasn’t come back since temps got above freezing. Not sure what the correlation to temp is, but with no perceivable symptoms, I’ll let it slide until it comes back

Wrstewart

Reaction score
@djkaosone have you ever replaced components on the high pressure system? I’m about to do the sensor and possibly the pumps. I can’t find any guides and the manual doesn’t cover this at all. Wondering if I need to bleed the system afterwards and if so, how?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I've replaced both HPFPs and taken off the all the fuel lines up front on separate occasions.

First thing you want to do is depressurize the system at the fuel rail union on bank 1, and make sure you have a rag around the area to minimize fuel spraying everywhere. After you're done replacing your components, just start the truck.

There's a feature on the Gap IID Tool that allows you to prime the fuel lines, but I wouldn't suggest using it if you're just replacing parts up front and it may slightly flood the engine with fuel. Found out the hard way. The feature is to prime the entire system from the fuel pump.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
Sounds good, thank you. Did you worry about the fuel pump cam position when re-installing the pumps? I have seen some walk throughs with other cars and they say to make sure the cam lobes are all the way down so you are not fighting against them when re-installing.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I didn't have any issues with installing mine. It was surprisingly easy. From memory, you can access everything through the wheel well. Remove the hard lines feeding up to the union and it's pretty straight forward. I also recall the foam sound baffles were a pain in the butt to remove, I ripped both of them at the hard lines trying to finesse them out.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
It looks like the sound baffles are not slotted behind the hard lines so I might try to remove the pumps with them on. Did you remove the alternator or any if the cables under there? Were you able to just remove the lines from the pumps or did you need to remove the line brackets higher up also? I was in there last night and there is so much crap in the way. If only that axle wasn’t there.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
The hpfp very accessible from the side. You really need to remove the sound baffles to access the bolts holding the hpfp. I think you're right, probably remove the upper fuel hard lines to the union to remove the sound baffle.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA