LR4 Glove box Door Hinge Pins Removal w/out special tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cullisium

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the site. Bought a 2010 lr4 a little over a year ago. I was removing the glove box door the other week and discovered a special tool is recommended. I did a quick search and didn't find anything (apologies if this info is already on the forum). I just wanted to share that I used a small 5.5mm socket and an Allen wrench to remove the pins and it worked great. You hold the large end of the pin with your finger and press the socket onto the other side of the pin. The socket folds down the plastic tabs on the pin. Then you press and Allen wrench inside the socket and push the pin through. Easy enough, but took me a minute to figure out and thought I would share.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good tip, thanks! I do need to clean and/or replace the blower fan down there (it's been squeaking on and off for months now... it works but makes an annoying noise while driving), and although several owners have reported that removing the glove box is not necessary to replace it, it looks like a much easier job with the glove box out of the way.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good tip, thanks! I do need to clean and/or replace the blower fan down there (it's been squeaking on and off for months now... it works but makes an annoying noise while driving), and although several owners have reported that removing the glove box is not necessary to replace it, it looks like a much easier job with the glove box out of the way.
Hey Umbertob! Did you end up cleaning out/replacing your blower fan? Mine is starting to squeak as well and I was wondering if I need to replace it or clean it out.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Andy, I was lucky as the squeal disappeared on its own a few weeks after I wrote that, so I didn't have to remove the fan to clean it after all. Still, it looks like an easy enough procedure to drop it and clear any debris that may be jammed in there causing the intermittent noise, especially if you can get the glove box door out of the way first. Undo 3 Torx screws and it should drop.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, mine will go days without making a noise, then appear out of nowhere. Annoying. But I will see if I can take it out. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut