LR4 Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chomondely

Reaction score
My L.r3 has been in the shop and the dealer lonaned me an LR4.I have driven it about 1,000 miles including about 150 miles off the road.

Very comfortable on the road. Smooth ride with excellent controll. Much quicker than my V6 2006 LR3.
The switches are much easier to reach.
Gas mileage was OK, about 16.5 mpg running about 73 mph on cruise control, fairly level ground. In town, closer 13mpg.
These are are caculated values. The trip computer showed about 2.5 mpg more.
The controls are better laid out and the heated seats were great.
We did not have an owners manual. The Nav system was a bit of a challenge w/o instructions but my 15 year old figured most of it out. Not nearly as easy to use as my $100 TomTom.

Off the road in the mud we avareged only 8 mpg. We were in a fair amount of mud, a bit of the time in low range. Not usre how far out into the counrty I would go . Seems like pretty short range.
The factory tires were awful in the mud. The tread quickly clogged with mud and turned into slicks. Even with the slicks, we were able to get around. We left my friend's truck at the cabin because he could not stay on the road.
I am still trying to get the mud off before I turn it back.
The ride over the rocks is bettter than the LR3. Seemed a bit smother than the LR3.

All in all, the LR4 is an improvment over the LR3,especiall the road handling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV