LR4 Mileage Poll

How Many Miles on Your Rig?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the likely disappointment of a new defender, I am wondering how far I can take my 2015 LR4 w/ 60k miles on it. So far, no major issues, but I am interested in seeing how many high mileage rigs there are out there in good working condition. Plus polls are fun.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4 HSE LUX just passed 100K two weeks ago.
Planning my 100K service.

I too am anxiously awaiting the the New Defender, but may pull the trigger of a D5 tdv6 or RRS SC Dynamic...
I hope the New Defender isn't a disappointment.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hit 168K miles. Replaced both front shocks last week - one of them failed while off-roading, but I knew I was living on borrowed time for a while (they were the original air springs.) Other than that, my 2013 LR4 has been nearly trouble free and I really don't know what I am going to do next, and "next" will happen within a couple of years for me after I hit 200K/220K miles. I just can't get past the Disco's looks - especially its rear end - and I thought I'd be used to it by now. I am fairly sure the new Defender will be a disappointment - at least to some of us - as long as Gerry McGovern is in charge. I am starting to dig the RRS again, I owned the original 2006 version and loved that car, but it's still a bit too cramped for my needs.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LUX at 88K

Things that need to be done:
-diff oil change
-Want to change trans oil but my Indy seems to think that it's a waste of time and money...

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hit 168K miles. Replaced both front shocks last week - one of them failed while off-roading, but I knew I was living on borrowed time for a while (they were the original air springs.)

What did you replace them with and how was the truck the rest of the trip home?

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LUX at 88K

Things that need to be done:
-diff oil change
-Want to change trans oil but my Indy seems to think that it's a waste of time and money...

Do the filter conversion on the Transmission
Diff (front and rear), Transfer case, and transmission done at 75K for me.

Worth the added piece of mind for the transmission. It's very little money compared to if the part fails due to dirty, old fluid.

Umbertob* I think you have us all beat :)
I do agree the D5 is a bit "fat bottomed" in the rear, not typical Land Rover ****.
This is primarily what is drawing me to the RRS. not as utilitarian, but it at least looks the part :)
Also... The MB GL63 AMG... don't hate too much. But repair cost, and reliability are keeping me away at this point.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you replace them with and how was the truck the rest of the trip home?

Replaced with OEM shocks. The front RH air spring failed in a funny way - it would leak air all of a suddenin a catastrophic way - you could hear the hissing from inside the car - only under certain extended conditions, so you can imagine how much fun that was on a rocky trail and 40+ miles of washboard and nasty graded roads in the middle of Death Valley... I was on the bump stops several times (luckily I had my IIDTool to reset the faults and get the suspensions back up) and the poor compressor worked, and often overheated, like a maniac for hours trying to regain the height suddenly lost, before giving up and throwing the dreaded "Suspensions Fault, Max Speed 30 MPH" message (which means you are on your bump stops.) It got so bad that the sway bar end link on that side actually snapped and broke as well on a rock garden. Once I got back to smooth pavement however, no leaks! I was able to drive home without any issues, 200+ miles of highway. If I hit a rough patch of pavement, the faults would pop back up and the car would drop an inch or two, but the faults would eventually clear after a few minutes. I've had better sundays, but the car did get me back home eventually.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 HSE @ just under 36K miles. I've only owned it for 4 mos and 6K miles of that but so far a great ride. Learned a lot about these from the 2011 HSE that I drove for 3.5 yrs and close to 70K miles.

bucwolfser

Reaction score
I just bought a 2011 LR4 HSE LUX w 120k. Pre purchase inspection got me new rear rotors. I'm taking into North Texas British tomorrow for a real check up. I'll reply with findings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi