LR4 Navigation Update...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the most current Navigation and Firmware version?
I have a 2016.5 LR4 Landmark and I am curious if there is something more current than what is loaded.
A great deal of roads and POI are missing for certain areas and I am hoping a newer version would resolve some or all of these issues.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Thank you for the link. That is for the USB & Serial?
I recently had it done on my RRSC and the dealer only charged a fraction of what it used to be.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this just update the maps or does it update the interface as well? I know that my '15 I just purchased has a slightly different interface than my '16.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This company still has insane shipping outside of the US. They want 199 Euro for the update and 130 Euro for shipping a simple tiny USB drive. Crazy.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This company still has insane shipping outside of the US. They want 199 Euro for the update and 130 Euro for shipping a simple tiny USB drive. Crazy.

Can it be used more than once or is it a one and done? If it can be used more than once, I'll split the cost with anyone (or several) that would like the update.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is like BMW or Audi then the USB can be used many times but you will still need a serial key to activate the software update.

Ben Myton

Reaction score
Can it be used more than once or is it a one and done? If it can be used more than once, I'll split the cost with anyone (or several) that would like the update.

I'd split it with you for sure, but it looks like they VIN lock the update

Please note the map update for your Land Rover has been preloaded onto a USB drive and will require activation before use. While completing your purchase you will be asked to provide your vehicle's VIN number to generate this activation code. You will be able to view this code both on the purchase confirmation page and receive an emailed copy for your reference during installation.

I've not actually purchased or used this myself, I just had the link bookmarked in case I ever get tired of not having the damn roads on the map.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the USB stick only works for MY2012-16.5s. MY2010 and 11s need to visit a dealer for an update, and it could very well end up costing more than $200 + s/h here in the US, since the dealer charges its own labor on top of the cost of the update itself. The USB update linked above only works on one vehicle (you can't get the necessary activation code without also ordering the USB thumb drive online...) and takes forever - 2 hours at least from recollection - to upload the data to the vehicle, but you can do it a little bit at a time until the update is complete, with the noted limitations and warning: the infotainment system will not work at all during the update, and if you accidentally unplug the USB drive before the routine is done you are SOL.

If you own a late build MY2016 / 16.5, you may already have the latest version loaded in your car... I'd check with Customer Service before ordering.

Last edited:

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2016.5 lr4 landmark... the dealer said that the new version applies to my vehicle however would not let me know what version is loaded on the vehicle currently. i do not know how to check myself and the only instructions i have are from jaguar:

• First, select, ‘Navigation’, from the ‘Home Menu’ screen.

• Next, choose ‘Nav Menu’ followed by ‘Destination Entry’.

• Then, press and hold the colon at the end of ‘Destination Entry:’ that is displayed in the header bar.

• Once the Diagnostic Screen is displayed; Select ‘Parts Information’.

• Finally, locate the map version number shown at the bottom in the ‘V XX.XX.XX’ format. The middle two digits signify the map version year.

Does the above method work for us too?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72