LR4 performance chip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, their claims are quite aggressive! I would love to get more information also if someone has gotten this done.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's not much more power you can get out of a naturally aspirated engine from a chip. any gain, if any, wont be noticeable. you can either add a super charger or turbo to it if you want real gain. otherwise dont bother with miracle chips and mods.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's not much more power you can get out of a naturally aspirated engine from a chip. any gain, if any, wont be noticeable. you can either add a super charger or turbo to it if you want real gain. otherwise dont bother with miracle chips and mods.

I am think more about improved mpg...

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go easy on the gas pedal. ensure your car is in factory condition daily (tire pressure, clean filters...etc) or disable a few cylinders. again, no miracle chip can give you significant gain.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw, gforce isnt a chip. it's more like a resister you piggyback on the IAT to trick the ecu thinking that you are getting cold air. it's a way to tweak the fuel map. the gains on their website is laughable.

i am not dismissing these mods. fact is i went through a lot of research when i was trying to gain hp/mpg from my 2003 passat. after a long research i realized there was no easy or cheap way to go about doing it. i ended up supercharging it.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best way to get MPG/HP on a naturally aspirated engine would be allowing it to breath easier. I have no idea if anyone produces performance parts for the LR4, but the best start would be the intake and exhaust. After that without forced induction (turbo/supercharger) You can get modest gains from reprogramming the fuel map. Most manufacturers tune their cars to run a little rich to avoid detonation. Cams will also make a difference and on a vehicle with variable valve timing the change in the idle is negligible.

All of that being said I have to agree with Count Laszio, Why?

This is a very heavy vehicle with very respectable HP/torque If you're looking for performance in something that puts power to all 4 wheels check out a Mitsubishi Evo! Super easy to Mod, half the weight of the LR4, incredible on the track, but your LR4 has all the power it needs to accomplish what it was designed to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV