LR4 Radio keeps going out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajclay1

Reaction score
Hello All,

4 times in the last week when I have started up my new LR4, the radio either worked for a little bit and then went to static or would only play static. The interesting thing is when i turn the car off and then back on, the radio works fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem and know what the fix is?

Thanks

Al

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that happen once. No idea what causes it. Seems like a software glitch that should be fixed through some sort of update.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it happen once in 4 months of ownership and 3k miles: the screen and everything on it went dead. I restarted the car after 5 minutes and everything worked fine since then

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just do a reset...remove the battery negative cable for a couple minutes......no radio software updates since 12/2010, per my dealer today......

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
. Has anyone else experienced this problem and know what the fix is?

Thanks

Al

Everyone who owns a Land Rover has experienced this, apparently. It's called OWNING A LAND ROVER. The fix is to own something else, anything else.

TangoRed

Reaction score
You need to just push for your dealer to replace the unit. From what I've gathered, that's the easiest fix.

Everyone who owns a Land Rover has experienced this, apparently. It's called OWNING A LAND ROVER. The fix is to own something else, anything else.

I know you're considered a troll, but I'll bite. Go to any vehicle forum where the car model as a multimedia/nav system. You'll see this exact same problem. I even saw it when I was researching Lexus LS460s, a car widely known to be the most reliable in the luxury market. I'm not sure why this issue effects so many cars across so many makes, but it does.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is actually a software update that has been out for a while already . its a bulletin

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm on my third LR and nevar had that problem. Is the lack of problem the problem? Maybe I should trade one of the trucks since I am feeling left out. Maybe I am not good enough to have a LR with this issue!

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is doing it again lately, i won't take it in unless i can confirm a software update, otherwise will be a waste of time. i e-mailed the dealer waiting for response.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut