LR4 Seats and Interior rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bleukh123

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Lets start by saying that i enjoy a quite ride. The quieter the better.

Now since I purchased my used LR4 2011 HSE (90,000km), its been mostly great.
The only down side in my experience in the noise that i hear in the cabin.

The plastic tends to create swueaky noises left and right.
Im sure you guys already
Know that, any pressure added on any bit will create a squeaky sound.

The leather seats also rub and create their unique sounds.
-someone once told to rub Vasilne lub on them to reduce the leather sound-??

But the most annoying sounds
Of all are sounds the seats emit when i take a semisharp/sharp turn.
Its similar to a clicking sound (tak-tak-tak) 3-4 tics back to back. The sound vanishes completely when im on highway.

As if there was some space left between the seats and the rails.
I have a feeling that the interior was dismantled competly for cleaning. Maybe assembled not optimally.

Im only talking about the driver seat and the passenger seat next to it.

The rattle in the back is another layer to the beautiful orchestra my LR4 emits.

I was considering removing the 2 seats and re-installing them correctly.
Could that help.?
Really trying to reach a quite ride. Has anyone done that before? If there a video about or something.

Cheers all.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man, and I thought I was the only one who is bothered by the interior noises.

You are right on target with the inter plastics; just a gentle push anywhere emits a horrible creak. However my real nemesis happens to be the passenger seat. For the longest time I couldn't tell if it was coming from the center console or the seat but if I am driving along and the "tick-tick" noise starts (because it's NOT consistent) all I have to do is exert some force laterally on the passenger headrest to make the noise stop immediately. I would guess its coming from the seat track but also think it could be the seat belt attachment point.

I haven't gotten to the point of seat removal but I have thought about it.

Shredahead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 90K miles on my 2011 and still marvel of how tight it is. Only rattles come from stuff on the shelf over the glove box or in the side door pockets. Even crawling off road the thing is quiet and tight. Wish my newish Ram Promaster was half as quiet.

equilibrium

Reaction score
MY13 and the interior is noisy since day one. The dealer could not do anything other than saying "it is normal".

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 13 with 25k miles on it. It's so quiet I feel bad posting about it. I hope it doesn't go nuts as it gains miles. I too love my quiet rides.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should clarify that it only started after a visit to the dealer for a new windshield. I blame them.

Spyder13

Reaction score
Oh man, and I thought I was the only one who is bothered by the interior noises.

You are right on target with the inter plastics; just a gentle push anywhere emits a horrible creak. However my real nemesis happens to be the passenger seat. For the longest time I couldn't tell if it was coming from the center console or the seat but if I am driving along and the "tick-tick" noise starts (because it's NOT consistent) all I have to do is exert some force laterally on the passenger headrest to make the noise stop immediately. I would guess its coming from the seat track but also think it could be the seat belt attachment point.

I haven't gotten to the point of seat removal but I have thought about it.

I have the same seat "tick" coming from the rear seats. It drives me crazy. Please post if you figure out what is making the noise. The AC also has started making a weird noise in the front, as well. But, that does not both me as much as the "tick" noise from the back seat.

HuskerBred

Reaction score
Is the tick tick a common thing? I have it too, but I haven't ridden in the back to figure out where the noise is coming from. After reading this post a few days ago, my wife commented that the drivers seat was squeaking, thanks for jinxing me. It stopped after driving and shifting position, but now I just drive with the radio off waiting for it to start again. I need to stop reading this forum, it's making me paranoid every time I drive my car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV