LR4 suspension sinks overnight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sceh

Reaction score
Says it all really..
I notice that the car rises a bit when I start in the morning. Usually it seems to be the front but sometimes it is the rear too. It rises about 1 cm but is noticeable. It seems recent so what could this be? I have the IIDControl kit but haven't yet dared to use it on this fault.
Thanks for any help

anamorphic

Reaction score
Says it all really..
I notice that the car rises a bit when I start in the morning. Usually it seems to be the front but sometimes it is the rear too. It rises about 1 cm but is noticeable. It seems recent so what could this be? I have the IIDControl kit but haven't yet dared to use it on this fault.
Thanks for any help

I had this problem recently, my issue was the front crossvalve, tech told me it was stuck on open, causing the front to sag.

sceh

Reaction score
Now, here is something interesting which I will check with IIDControl. This is from the workshop manual:

When the vehicle is parked, the air suspension control module 'wakes up' two hours after the ignition was last switched off and
then once every six hours. The vehicle height is checked and if the vehicle is not level within a pre-set tolerance, small downwards
height adjustments may be made automatically.

So, it could be that they changed a valve which didn't need changing. DId you get the ODB report from them with DTC errors ?

anamorphic

Reaction score
Now, here is something interesting which I will check with IIDControl. This is from the workshop manual:

When the vehicle is parked, the air suspension control module 'wakes up' two hours after the ignition was last switched off and
then once every six hours. The vehicle height is checked and if the vehicle is not level within a pre-set tolerance, small downwards
height adjustments may be made automatically.

So, it could be that they changed a valve which didn't need changing. DId you get the ODB report from them with DTC errors ?

From what I understand, if everything is in working order and there is no air leak then the sensors will not need to lower at all to adjust. Basically if the problem were one of my struts, as it sinks the vehicle will lower the other side to match the leaking strut, and continue this until it is resting at its lowest point which would be the bump stops. In my case the IID Control read out apparently showed (I did not see) that my valve was stuck at an open position.

My mechanic told me how to test if it were my air shocks, you raise the vehicle to off-road height and then jack it off the ground on one side and you can hear hissing if it has a leak. Do this to each side.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut