LR4 Tire Rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan00TJ

Reaction score
Coming up on the first annual service on 16' LR4. Dealer is doing the first annual service for free as part of the new owners program. Strangely, the tire rotation is an extra $50+ charge? Even called LR to confirm it's not included.

Question is, the service book calls for tires to be swapped to the other side of same axle annually? I've never rotated tires like this. What is everyone else having success with? Just turned 8k miles.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always rotated 5 (full size compo spare).

Rotation pattern on the right:

fivewheelrotation_main_2_560x420.jpg

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if your free service is dealer offered or from Land Rover? Im asking because we just called to schedule our 2016 LR4 first maintenance and were told 2016 model year did not get free first maintenance. When we purchased we were told it was free but now that seems to be a different story.

Ryan00TJ

Reaction score
Do you know if your free service is dealer offered or from Land Rover? Im asking because we just called to schedule our 2016 LR4 first maintenance and were told 2016 model year did not get free first maintenance. When we purchased we were told it was free but now that seems to be a different story.

Surfrider77, I figured no one was using JLR's rotation technique. I don't have the full size spare but will be rotating like I always have for 4wd vehicles.

I received a new owners booklet about midway thru the first year. It stated the complimentary 1st service and 2hr offroad course. Also came with lenses for your cell phones camera. Dealer had never heard of it but said will honor it once they see it.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, they even honored free first service here in the Middle East.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV