LR4 Transmission Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethan M

Reaction score
My LR4 is a little over 150k miles and so I’m wanting to have the transmission service done. Do I need to have the fluid flushed and the filter changed or would it be fine to just have it flushed?

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would drain and refill half the fluid, and do the filter.. See how it runs after that, and go after the rest of the fluid in 5k if all is well.. You are about twice the mileage recommended by the transmission manufacturer for a drain and refill.. I would be careful doing a "flush" on a transmission with that kind of mileage..

Good luck,

Mike

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 is a little over 150k miles and so I’m wanting to have the transmission service done. Do I need to have the fluid flushed and the filter changed or would it be fine to just have it flushed?

A tranny flush is always a bad idea although some folks will disagree. A drain and fill will be your best bet and make sure to follow the refill procedure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi